The graduates of the course are able to deal with both operational technical and research issues in the sphere of the production, transmission, distribution, and use of electrical energy, including an orientation focus on electrical machines and apparatus. The link to electrical power engineering companies and industrial partners is used both in the teaching, in the form of lectures given by experts from practice, and in the implementation of theses.
Graduates of Electrical Power Engineering at Technical University of Ostrava are able to solve operational and technical problems in the production, transmission, distribution and use of electricity.
Graduates will find jobs in managerial and executive positions in the phase of installation, commissioning, maintenance and operation of electrical equipment, in technical, design, investment and operating departments of power plants and transmission and distribution companies, power dispatch centres, departments of preparation and operation of the power grid, in the technical, design, investment, installation and operational units of industrial plants, in the use of electricity in industry, in addressing the issues of electric drives, electro-thermal equipment, electric lighting of indoor and outdoor spaces, as well as in testing, technical inspection and in research and development institutes.
- Power plant system engineer
- Electric machinery design engineer
- Power plant dispatcher
- Transmission grid operator
- Water and wind power plant technologist
- Energy production technology engineer
- Lightning systems designer
- Power grid maintenance engineer
- Electrical testing engineer
- Electrical power engineer
- Industrial power engineering development specialist
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Electrical Power Engineering Theory
- Electrical Protections
- Functions of Complex Variable and Integral Transformations
- Safety in Electrical Engineering
- Selected Principles of Electrical Power Engineering
- Designing with Support CAE
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering View 6 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Technical University of Ostrava and/or in Czech Republic, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study programme, it is non-refundable.
- Valid visa and passport.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ostrava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.