The Environmental Technician (Fast-Track) courses at Centennial College cover practical training in the three foundation disciplines of biology, chemistry and civil engineering, which ensures you gain an understanding of and the ability to manage complex environmental problems. This unique combination of technical skills will greatly increase your career options.
Thanks to a practical learning approach, you have the opportunity to learn to use the tools and equipment needed in microbiology, ecological field sampling, analytical chemistry and surveying. You also gain laboratory skills in water quality testing and groundwater movement.
The Environmental Technician program is the recipient of the President's Academic Program Recognition Award for Outstanding Graduate Satisfaction.
Drinking Water Operators
Students who successfully complete the entry-level course for Drinking Water Operators will have met the requirements of the Ministry of the Environment's entry-level course for drinking water operators. This course is delivered by Centennial College in partnership with the Ministry of the Environment and the Walkerton Clean Water Centre.
- Labs at Centennial College are fully outfitted to ensure you have a realistic experience.
- Opportunities exist for participation in local conservation and restoration activities.
- Graduates of this Environmental Technician (Fast-Track) program can write the Ontario Ministry of the Environment Operator-in-Training (OIT) and Water Quality Analyst (WQA) exams. They can apply to register with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologist (OACETT).
- Environmental specialist
- Environmental coordinator
- Technical policy advisor
- Environmental safety consultant
- Research specialist
- Junior environmental scientist
- Project biologist
- Junior geomorphologist
Technology Accreditation Canada (TAC)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Occupational Health and Safety (online)
- Biological Techniques
- Organic Chemistry
- College Communications
- Soils and Groundwater
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 18 other Masters in Environmental Management in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College diploma or university degree in science, engineering, or related discipline
- Transcript and resume review
- Centennial College English Skills Assessment (must score 170 or 171 for admission)
- English Language Proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15900 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15900 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National2721 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2721 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.