A project-based approach to learning is used in the Mechanical Engineering Technician — Design (Fast Track) courses. In small groups, you work on specific projects, learning how to plan, schedule, create, design and build as a part of a team. You also learn advanced computer-assisted drafting and computer-assisted manufacturing (CAD/CAM) skills.
The Mechanical Engineering Technician - Design (Fast-Track) program at Centennial College offers variety to those who can combine strong conceptual thinking with a practical knowledge of machines and how they work.
You may either graduate as a technician after one year or continue with additional study and co-op work experience in Centennial College's Mechanical Engineering Technology – Design program. The additional study takes an extra year to complete.
- The program makes use of a state-of-the-art mechanical engineering lab, which features thermodynamic fluid power testing modules, and tensile, hardness and impact testers.
- Through a project approach — that has an approximate 60-40 balance between theory and practice — you gain experience in machine shop operation, tool design, plus computer numerical control programming.
- Instruction is included in industry-current software in AutoCAD, Inventor and Mastercam as well as modern CAD/CAM equipment.
- Production controller
- Junior engineer assistant to professional engineer
- CAD operator
- Lab technician
- Mechanical tester
- Quality controller
- Product designer and developer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- College Communications
- Technology Mathematics
- Machine Shop
- Mechanical Drafting (Inventor)
- CAD/CAM and CNC Programming
- Fluid Mechanics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Design General Engineering & Technology View 40 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College diploma or university degree in a related science or engineering area
- Transcript and resume review
- Centennial College English Skills Assessment (must score 170 or 171 for admission)
- Centennial College Engineering Math Skills Assessment may be requested (applicants will be notified individually)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15900 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15900 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National2721 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2721 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.