A Drilling Engineering programme in Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS deals with the application of recent advances in drilling technologies and analysis techniques such as well constructions, geomechanics, drilling fluid and cementing, well completion, casing design, hydraulics, project management and economics, well engineering and well intervention in order to understand and optimise the drilling technique with technical knowledge and safety in place.
This programme has industrial based project which exposed to the real data of industries to become competent drilling engineer.
The programme would provide the MSc in Drilling Engineering graduate with enhanced knowledge and skills that meets oil and gas industrial demand in the area of Drilling Engineering, R&D scientific bodies and further studies.
Students graduated from this programme will be able to work in Oil and Gas industry such as PETRONAS and other operators and service companies with the job title drilling engineer or mud engineer.
Graduates from this programme will be highly skilled and knowledgeable in the area of Drilling Engineering as they will :
- have hands on experience through an actual rig training.
- have the latest technology updates and case studies through industry engagement.
- graduate with level 4 Well Control certification.
The programme educational objective of the programme is to produce drilling Engineering specialists with insights to articulate complex industry problems and solutions. The programme also aims to produce industry leaders with integrity towards sustainable development through continuous improvement and innovation for the betterment of society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Well Construction
- Drilling Fluids & Cementing
- Casing Design & Tubular
- Hydraulics & Drillstring Design
- Well Completion
- Well Engineering
- Project Management & Economics
- Well Intervention & Workover
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 25 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Malaysia
- Bachelor degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent
- Bachelor degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment
- Bachelor degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field
International14420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21630 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National10094 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15141 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- National: 70,000 RM
- International: 100,000 RM
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.