The ever increasing energy demand and the threat of fast depleting energy resources in recent times have caused concerns on sustainable energy supply worldwide. Under these circumstances, the oil, gas and energy industry domestically and globally faces with the urgent need for managers and professionals who are not only competent in managing their businesses but who are also visionary leaders capable of driving their energy businesses in a sustainable manner in tandem with the challenging environment. The offering of a Master of Business Administration in Energy Management programme is expected to become a very apt solution to develop visionary leaders for the energy industry.
I respect your consideration to enrol in the Energy Management programme from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS and we sincerely hope that you will apply for it and subsequently be a scholar in the programme.
Obviously, the decision to enrol in the MBA-EM programme will not be easy for you as it will involve making financial investment as well as personal sacrifices on leisure and family time for the classes.
Nevertheless, we vow to work hard and go the extra miles to ensure that our MBA-EM programme will deliver a rewarding return on investment to you; in that the knowledge gained and experience obtained throughout the programme will be one that is memorable and of great value to your professional and personal life.
Programme Educational Objective
To develop leaders who are competent in driving and sustaining global energy business
At the end of the program, graduates should be able to:
- Analyse current and emerging trends in the global energy sector to develop and implement effective energy management strategies for global sustainability;
- Evaluate business decisions to ensure efficient and sustainable management of resources and the environment;
- Integrate management, leadership, and business principles to perform strategic roles in the energy management.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The 50 credit hours, 20 months MBA-EM programme features a dynamic and robust curriculum which includes 10 business core and 5 energy management specialisation modules, namely Energy Value Chain, Energy Management, Energy Technology and Innovation, Low Carbon Economy and Sustainability, Energy Regulations and Policies. In addition, the programme structure also incorporates business research methodology, consultancy management and report (see tables below).
- To enrich the learning experience as well as provide a global perspective to scholars, the MBA-EM programme forges a collaboration with the Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute (RASEI) of University of Colorado at Boulder, USA, in which the 5 energy management specialisation modules will be delivered by the RASEI’s professors.
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 31 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Malaysia
- Bachelor degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent
- Bachelor degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment
- Bachelor degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field
International5929 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9882 USD for the full programme and a duration of 20 months.
National4579 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7633 USD for the full programme and a duration of 20 months.
- National: 35,300 RM
- International: 45,700 RM
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.