The Department of Applied Biology at the University of Sharjah offers a Master of Sciences in Biotechnology that prepares graduates to confidently confront current and future challenges in a profession that equips them with an advanced knowledge in different scientific fields practical and application skills of high standards, as well as stimulates their thirst for discoveries.
The Biotechnology MSc program is oriented to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide graduates with advanced knowledge and applicable research principles and methods in biological sciences which include cellular biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, human genetics, cytogenetics, microbiology, and immunology
- To provide the students with required biotechnology skills which enables them to operate effectively in a new learning or professional context such as higher education, specialized industrial labs, pharmaceuticals and forensics.
- To enrich graduates with advanced skills of scientific writing, and oral presentation to analyze research findings and conclusions
- To train graduates to manage laboratory activities and engage in effective scientific work as individuals and as team members.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology
- Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Advanced Human Molecular Genetics
- Advanced Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Advanced Microbiology
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 3 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Arab Emirates
- Certificate equivalence from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research for Certificates issued from outside the UAE.
- Certified Colored Copy of the University Degree
- Certified Colored Copy of the University Transcript
- Colored Copy of Identity Card and Passport
- Colored copy of Family Book or Residence Visa
- Letters of Recommendation from Two Professors
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two Recent Colored Photos
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Alumni Card (for UoS Graduates)
- Attachment of ‘no objection certificate’ from the authorities responsible for national service for male Emirati students
- Attachment of a letter of study approval from Kuwait Embassy Cultural Office for Kuwaiti students only.
- Attachment of People of Determination card (if applicable).
- Payment of Application Fees (Non-Refundable) in (AED 420)
International698 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 698 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National698 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 698 EUR per credit during 24 months.
3,045 AED per credit
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.