Biotechnology employs molecular biology and genetic engineering to develop new technologies and products, and to investigate their applications in medicine, industry, academia, and research and development. Alfaisal University realized the importance of biotechnology as it can potentially participate in a new industrial revolution in the 21st century. Biotechnology can play a major role in developing a knowledge society and establishing knowledge-based economy.
The Biotechnology program of Alfaisal University is a joint multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary program of the following colleges: Science and General Studies and Medicine. The program was designed to adapt the approach of integrating and making maximum benefit from the varied research expertise and facilities available at the different Colleges of Alfaisal.
This program is open to the students of undergraduate degree from life sciences, pharmacy, medicine and engineering, Saudi and non-Saudi, local and international.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nano biotechnology
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Analytical Biotechnology
- Techniques of Biotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Biochemistry View 9 other Masters in Biology in Saudi Arabia
- Your Certificates & Transcripts must be certified by the Saudi Embassy in the country of your study
- Your Certificates & Transcripts must be evaluated & certified by the Saudi Ministry of Education
- You must pay the non-refundable seat confirmation fee of SR 500
- A bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution accepted by Ministry of Education (MOE) in related field
- Above average GMAT, GRE score or an equivalent Graduate Quadrat Exam held by Qias Centre
- English language proficiency
- Minimum One year Professional work experience in related field
- Applicant should provide two letters of recommendations
- On-campus Interview
- Students must provide a statement of purpose describing their academic interests and reasons for applying at the interview time
International25350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50700 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National25350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50700 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- SAR 200,000 per full programme
Living costs for Riyadh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.