In the Radiological and Imaging Sciences program of Alfaisal University there are two tracks for students to choose from: Radiologic & Imaging Sciences, and Ultrasound. The first has been approved by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS) and the second one has been submitted for SCFHS certification.
Radiological & Imaging Sciences
Aims to prepare and train lecturers in undergraduate and technical supervision, managers of radiologic and imaging services. Students in this track; in addition to their training in the advanced sciences and practices of medical radiologic and imaging clinical services, will receive practical training in pedagogical practices, teaching and learning, outcomes assessment, and academic programmatic accreditation. The focus is on technical management and education of imaging and related services, quality assurances, including clinical service accreditation by the ABR and other comparable accreditation organizations.
Designed for sonographers who want to practice advanced clinical ultrasound in their professional roles. Lectures are organized in block release, in conjunction with compulsory clinical placements. In accordance with accepted good practice, the program integrates theory with training, meaning that the student will perform diagnostic ultrasound examinations. Clinical units include Abdominal, Breast, Thyroid, Reproductive, Obstetrics, Musculoskeletal, Pediatric, Neonatal, Echo-cardiac and Vascular medical ultrasound. The final semester of the program focuses on developing research skills via an ultrasound research/capstone project in collaboration with King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre (KFSHRC) and other clinical partners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Radiation Counting Statistics
- Radiological Research
- Ethics in Radiology
- Radiological & Imaging Sciences
- Topics in Medical Imaging
- Topics in Radiation Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Health Sciences View 5 other Masters in Health Sciences in Saudi Arabia
- Your Certificates & Transcripts must be certified by the Saudi Embassy in the country of your study
- Your Certificates & Transcripts must be evaluated & certified by the Saudi Ministry of Education
- You must pay the non-refundable seat confirmation fee of SR 500
- A bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution accepted by Ministry of Education (MOE) in related field
- Above average GMAT, GRE score or an equivalent Graduate Quadrat Exam held by Qias Centre
- English language proficiency
- Minimum One year Professional work experience in related field
- Applicant should provide two letters of recommendations
- On-campus Interview
- Students must provide a statement of purpose describing their academic interests and reasons for applying at the interview time
International26650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53301 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National26650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53301 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- SAR 200,000 per full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.