The Advanced Studies in Design programme at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, is conceived from a comprehensive, wide-ranging and cross-disciplinary perspective that is characteristic of design in Barcelona, which has become an international benchmark in recent decades. Its approach is propositional: it contributes new views on theory, participatory network strategies and the most innovative trends in new product design. Teaching takes place in settings such as design workshops, projects on various topics, materials and technology research laboratories, collaborative work, and digital manufacturing laboratories.
- Academia and theory-focused settings. Doctoral degrees in Design.
- Agencies and organisations devoted to applied design for social, health and/or welfare purposes.
- Companies and industries, new product development offices, application of design in new fields and and implementation in emerging sectors.
- Public and private bodies related to markets, products, consumption and local areas.
- Communication, social networks, image and communication. New media and overall message design.
- Cultural organisations related to society, culture and objects, as well as the dissemination of these organisations and reflection and debate on these themes.
- Contemporary Design (taught in English)
- Design, Innovation and Technology (taught in English)
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Art Direction in Design
- Design Research (a cross-disciplinary specialisation that covers the other four)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
International4149 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4149 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2766 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.