- Become a specialist in the nuances of working with children, young people and families, and have a positive impact on your community.
- Gain the required knowledge to work in relationship, family, child and youth counselling, as well as child abuse prevention and intervention.
- This degree provides you with the opportunity to undertake a substantial research project or choose to do a smaller capstone project to further your research skills.
- Study the Master of Counselling online to fit study into your life.
- To enhance your practice, you’ll attend mandatory residential schools at USQ Ipswich campus to meet the required number of hours of face-to-face instruction.
Career outcomes after the Child, Youth and Family Therapy from the University of Southern QueenslandAllows professionals from a variety of professional settings to develop skills in counselling, and become equipped for specialised positions within the counselling field.
This specialisation within the Master of Counselling is accredited by the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) and the Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Counselling Skills and Applications
- Professional Counselling Practice, Identity, and Ethics
- Counselling Frameworks
- Counselling Issues and Contexts
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Intervention, Protection and Prevention
- Couple and Family Counselling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Social Work Counselling Psychology View 25 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS: QLD 00244B, NSW 02225M
There are two different admission requirement processes depending on whether the student is studying stream 1 – the qualifying Master of Counselling, or stream 2, the Master of Counselling (Advanced Practice).
Stream 1: Qualifying Master of Counselling
- Completion of an Australian university 3-year bachelor degree, or equivalent, in any area.
- Completion of at least 50% of the Graduate Diploma of Counselling at USQ and have a grade point average (GPA) of 5 or higher, or equivalent qualification from another institution.
- Provide two satisfactory Referee Reports and a report to address the Selection Criteria indicating the applicant's abilities to successfully undertake the professional and research components of the program; and
- Participate in an interview with a panel of School staff.
International30320 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30320 AUD per year during 24 months.
National24560 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24560 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.