Graduates will acquire basic knowledge of the most important principles and methods of cyber security and practical knowledge of their application. They will be capable to design, implement, and manage cyber security concepts. This qualifies them to develop new approaches and methods to protect IT systems and critical infrastructures which correspond to the current state of the art, while respecting the organizational and legal conditions.
Professional Fields of Activity
- Graduates will be qualified to take on challenging tasks in industry, administration, and science to implement cyber security strategies or to contribute to the further development of the subject area in research.
- They expect a favorable labor market situation. There is a significant shortage of IT specialists in industry. The situation for cyber security experts will be particularly critical in view of the disproportionate market growth.
- Since the need for building secure IT infrastructures is a societal problem, the need for cyber security experts will arise in many areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction into Cyber Security
- IT Security Law
- Pervasive System Security
- Hands on Knowledge for Side Channel Attacks
- Software Security
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 12 other Masters in IT Security in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Basic prerequisite for admission to the Master's programme is a first qualifying degree (at least Bachelor's degree) or a qualification equivalent degree in a programme closely related to computer sciences.
- In particular, a Bachelor's degree in computer science, cyber security, or mathematics with subsidiary computer science qualifies. Adequate content of the degree is available if the theoretical, practical, applied, and technical computer science and mathematics education is comparable to the Bachelor's degree course in computer science at BTU.
- Applicants need a certificate of proficiency in English as described in the language requirements.
International642 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 321 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA642 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 321 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.