In addition to solid theoretical training incorporating the most up-to-date scientific knowledge, the master's degree programme in Biotechnology at The Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus - Senftenber offers an exceptionally high proportion of practical training in modern laboratory methods.
Within small project groups students learn to carry out scientific experiments and how to document and present them. The programme is internationally oriented and all courses are given in English. After their master’s thesis, which is carried out in national and international research institutions or enterprises, students are qualified to pursue doctoral studies.
Professional Fields of Activity
- Managerial roles in international research institutes or in the life sciences industry (biotechnology, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries)
- Work in production and quality management, in commercial laboratories or in regulatory authorities (e.g. Medicine Agency, Genetic Engineering authority)
- Customer Support Manager/’Scientific Support Specialist’ in the life science industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Students may choose between 4 specialisations:
- Cell Biology
- Laboratory Diagnostics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- at least a bachelor's degree in the subject area or an equivalent degree with 210 ECTS credits (for the master's programme with a regular duration of 3 semesters – programme start only in the summer semester) or 180 ECTS credits (for the master's programme with a regular duration of 4 semesters – programme start only in the winter semester)
- at least 70 ECTS credits or 60 semester hours (SWS) of biological, biomedical, biochemical or biophysical subjects
- proof of practical laboratory work of at least 18 weeks (e.g. during the thesis)
- certificate of proficiency in English as described in this handout
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
Semester fee: 321,03 €
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.