A vivid inner city with a historic core shapes the image and the identity of the city and is the catalyst for developments in the whole town.
The benefit of renewal and revitalization of inner city areas is never reduced just to the inhabitants and stakeholders of a certain quarter, but extends into surrounding areas and to the town as a whole.
Accordingly, in urban development nothing is more sustainable than a vital inner city. This thesis is correct for both shrinking cities in Germany and metropolitan areas in the MENA region. Rehabilitation processes require an integrated approach, finally fixed in the urban form, and guidelines that guarantee stability and continuity for all further development.
Highlights of the Programme
Accordingly, the Master Program Urban Design - Revitalization of Historic City Districts at The Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus - Senftenberg emphasises on:
- Revitalization of historic city districts with an integrated approach toward urban design;
- Sustainability in the light of social, economic and environmental aspects;
- Intensive practical experience, development institutions are integrated as permanent partners, complementing academic investigation with practical experience;
- Building up on the strengths of each partner university;
- Studying abroad and receiving a double degrees.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Town and House
- Urban Regeneration
- New Architecture in Historic Context
- Landscape Planning and Public Space
- Urban Heritage Management
- Participation in Urban Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture View 11 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Architecture, Urban Design, Urban Planning, Regional Planning, Landscape Planning or Landscape Architecture.
- Experience in identifying relevant urban development problems, defining tasks, methods and strategies to solve problems and the ability to design qualified concepts in a traceable way.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
International750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Semester fee: 321,03 €
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.