"Cultural Diplomacy" faciliates and improves relationships and collaboration between disparate cultures. Together "International Relations" and "Cultural Diplomacy" open new horizons based on intercultural understanding in a globalized society.
Why choose the International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy master's programme?
- Choice of regular or fast-track programme
- Unique combination of competencies from academic disciplines related to international politics, society and economy
- Emphasis on past and present application of cultural diplomacy in public and private sectors and civil society
- Completely English-taught programme
- Excellent location: central Berlin
Study experienceThe International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy programme at Furtwangen University addresses current international issues by means of classroom seminars and lectures as well as educational & cultural events, conferences, professional training courses, tours, visits and meetings with foreign officials, which are incorporated into the curriculum. Students will meet with leading experts working in international organizations, embassies and academic institutions, and will engage with specialists in the areas of international relations & economics, business, communication, politics, human rights, culture, peace building, multilateral diplomacy, conflict resolution and development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The History and Evolution of the Field of Cultural Diplomacy
- International Cultural Diplomacy
- Future Trends in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy
- Models of Cultural Diplomacy
- Religion and Cultural Diplomacy
- Soft Power, Hard Power, and Smart Power
- Cultural Diplomacy in Conflict Zones.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 31 other Masters in International Relations in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- First degree (Bachelor, Master, Magister, Diploma or equivalent)
- For the regular programme (4 semesters): Bachelor's degree with minimum of 180 ECTS
- For the fast-track programme (3 semesters): Bachelor's degree with minimum of 210 ECTS OR minimum of one year's professional experience in a position of responsibility following graduation
- Participation in a detailed introductory interview
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Regular Trak: € 12,000
- Fast Track: € 9,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.