Students decide individually in which area of precision medicine they wish to specialize. Typical areas are high throughput analysis, personalized medicine with immunological methods or the use of biomarkers, then validated by means of clinical studies.
The Precision Medicine Diagnostics programme at Furtwangen University is aimed at those with a bachelor's degree in the natural sciences and medicine and has a duration of 3 semesters.
The multidisciplinary approach of Precision Medicine Diagnostics as well as the focus on developing expertise rather than on purely technical knowledge, offers graduates entry into a broad range of occupational fields in the growing market of healthcare and beyond.
- Clinics, hospitals and large medical care units:
Diagnostics, personalized medicine, research and development, planning and coordination of clinical trials, patient stratification, companion diagnostics, experimental and clinical pharmacology
- Medical laboratory units:
Diagnostics, research and development, supervision of small laboratories, project management
- Pharmaceutical industry:
Quality control, hygiene monitoring, research and development, project management, supervision of small laboratories, product management and sales
- Food industry:
Quality control, hygiene monitoring, product management and sales
- Research institutes, universities:
Research and development in the field of natural sciences, companion diagnostics, project management, design, execution and documentation of experiments
- Government authorities and public services:
Diagnostics, hygiene monitoring, quality control
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Diagnostics in Selected Fields of Medicine
- Biometrics and Multiparameter Diagnostics
- Functional Genomics
- Molecular Diagnostics
- High-Throughput Technologies
- Techniques in Biomedicine
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A university entrance qualification enabling study at a German University (High school leaving qualification).
- An above-average Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in the field of engineering or natural sciences or closely related fields, with a minimum of 210 ECTS credit points.
- English language certificate equivalent to or higher than 90 points in IBT TOEFL, IELTS band 6, or CEFR B2.
- Molecular Biology
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Villingen-Schwenningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.