The focus of the Water and Environmental Engineering program of the An-Najah National University is on studying the environmental effects and impacts of current human activities and development on the present and future (in quality and quantity and in time and space) of environmental and natural resources.
The MSc program in Water and Environmental Engineeringis over twenty years old and highly popular and relevant to the present and future needs of Palestinian people and development.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning methods adopted and used in water and environmental engineering and sciences include direct instructor lecturing through best available teaching techniques and practices and infrastructures (buildings, teaching assistances, and labs). These methods are aimed at knowledge building (new text books-up to date-used and presented to students in course works), comprehension (demonstrating understanding of terms and concepts of water and environmental engineering and sciences), application (solving problems by laboratory and field demonstration), analysis (breaking things down into their elements, formulating theoretical explanations or mathematical or logical models for observed phenomena of water and environmental engineering and sciences), synthesis (creating, design, and make-up problem solving techniques and mechanisms, and combining elements and processes in novel ways), evaluation (choosing, determining, and selecting from among alternatives).
Active learning approach is practiced in this program resulting in and emphasizing recalling prior material, responding to questions, problem solving, explaining written material, analytical, critical, and creative thinking, , and generating questions and summarizing.
In addition, cooperative learning is employed in this program by involving students to work in teams to accomplish an assigned task and produce a final product. This cooperative learning includes the following elements: positive interdependence, individual accountability, face-to-face promotive interaction, appropriate use of teamwork skills, and regular self-assessment of team functioning.
Jobs related to MSc in degree include:
- Water/Environmental consultant
- Research assistant
- Lecturer at university
- Education officer
- Water/Environmental manager
- Nature conservation officer
- Recycling officer
- Waste management officer
- Water quality scientist
- Environmental health practitioner
- Landscape specialist
- Water and sanitation utility manager
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Probability & Statistics for Engineers
- Hydrological Processes & Systems
- Ground Water
- Water Resources Management
- Aquatic Chemistry
- Water Treatment Processes & Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management View 9 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.