The mission of the Urban and Regional Planning Engineering program of the An-Najah National University is to exert every possible effort for the preparation of qualified national cadres in various areas of Urban and Regional Planning, able to develop plans and strategies related to the development of the built and spatial environment, which contribute to achieving the objectives of development plans and meet the requirements of the labour market, improve the living conditions of the population and the development of Palestinian society to be in rank of affluent societies.
- Develop and increase the ability of students to evaluate changes in the physical, economic and social environments.
- Improve understanding of the nature and processes of urban and regional development planning.
- Educate students in the basic understanding, techniques and skills which are related to planning, that will facilitate their practice of planning.
- Improve and support urban and regional planning practice in Palestine.
- Provide a qualified base for the support and improvement of the Palestinian urban and regional planning institutions.
- Provide a qualified base for the management and control of the environmental change and spatial growth of the Palestinian settlements.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Planning & Develp. Isses & Legisla. in Palestine
- Planning Theory
- Fundamentals of Urban & Regional Planning
- Quantitative & Statistical Methods in Planning
- Planning Studio
- Urban Geography
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.