Sustainable engineering is an integration of social, environmental, and economic considerations into product, process, and their design methods. It requires the consideration of the complete product and process lifecycle during the design phase. The intent is to minimize environmental impacts across the entire lifecycle (that includes material, production, usage, and end of life product) while simultaneously maximizing the benefits to social and economic stakeholders.
The Sustainable Engineering in Production program of the An-Najah National University supports the development of production processes and quality control in national industry to increase competitive capabilities of local products.
Teaching and Learning
- Project based learning
- Conducting specific research
- Case Studies
- Manager/production engineer
- Sustainable product design engineer
- Quality and Sustainability engineer
- Sustainability Consultant
- Industrial project manager
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research methodology &Scientific writing
- Quality design and control
- Manufacturing and factory planning
- Sustainable Engineering
- Energy efficiency & renewable energy in production
- Project Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.