Nursing practice in both rural and urban areas will be emphasized with the student selecting their specialty areas of advanced practice.
At the completion of the Nursing programme at The Aga Khan University graduates are expected to be able to:
- Apply contemporary knowledge from different sources and the best available evidence for professional decision-making and during practice
- Apply critical and reflective thinking skills, as well as a systems approach to problem-solving and professional decision-making
- Demonstrate the ability to translate and use meaningful research findings
- Engage in effective ethical decision-making with respect to own practice area (e.g. clinical, education, leadership and management), or where ethical issues affect the broader health care team
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In this academic programme, the medium of instruction is English. Students are expected to fully participate in the learning process through classroom discussion, working in small groups, clinical rotations, presentations, and seminars. Moreover, they are expected to be self-directed learners and team players.
- The MScN curriculum offers various tracks of speciality including Education and sub specialisation in Clinical areas. Students are required to take 18 credit hours of core courses and 15 credit hours of courses in their selected speciality track. In addition, each student must complete a practicum and a thesis in their area of interest. The purpose of the thesis is to prepare the students for future research and scholarly activities.
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (Pre-medical);
- Successful completion of 4-year Generic BScN programme;
- 2 years’ clinical experience including 1-year Internship in a hospital;
- Valid Registration with the Pakistan Nursing Council or equivalent.
International10500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 USD per year during 24 months.
National4392 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4392 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Karachi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.