The theoretical and practical courses of the Psychological and Educational Counseling program of the An-Najah National University aim at developing students’ skills in interference theory and consulting services such as school, family, people with special needs and professional consulting.
The programme also aims at raising students’ competency through developing their diagnostic and consulting skills and offers them training courses in various institutions.
Expected graduates will be able to:
- Diagnose mental illnesses
- Build and develop consulting programmes
- Interfere skillfully in individuals and groups psychological lives
- Conduct scientific research
- Adopt technology in their consulting work
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Counseling Theories and Methods
- Statistical Analysis by Computer
- Group counseling
- Research Methods in Counseling
- Supervision in Couseling
- Practicum in counseling
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.