The Pharmaceutical Sciences program of the An-Najah National University will provide students with the theoretical and practical knowledge they need to become a high quality, research-based scientist. This program will not only prepare students to contribute to drug discovery and pharmaceutical industry but also to develop in academia.
Teaching and Learning
Delivery of this program involves a series of lectures, seminars, workshops, group discussions and case studies.
Formal lectures play an important role in Pharmaceutical Sciences program. They present the key conceptual material through discussion and interaction between teaching staff and students. Lectures are supported by readings. Problem-based learning and case studies will provide students with experience of team-working that simulates an industrial setting. Students will develop team-working, critical thinking and analytical problem solving abilities which are important in the modern pharmaceutical industry.
The program involves a research project that runs over the whole academic year and gives students the opportunity to carry out novel research and work independently. Project work will help students enhance practical skills, analytical thinking, time management, communication skills and independence.
Upon completion of this program, students are entitle to apply to various jobs in many fields such as:
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pharmaceutical Research centers
- Hospital Pharmacy in private and public sector
- Community Pharmacy in private and public sector
- Insurance agencies
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Medicinal Chemistry
- Advanced Natural Products Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Advanced Pharmacokinetics
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Pharmacy Health Sciences View 10 other Masters in Health Sciences in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.