The Intellectual Property and Innovation Management program of the An-Najah National University provides an opportunity for students to know the new strategies and organizational processes for innovations and inventions. It also trains them to manage innovative and advisory projects and create a wide legal education/ culture that makes them qualified cadres to work on the development of the legislative system pertinent to intellectual property and innovation.
Teaching and Learning
- Interactive lecturing.
- Learning through open discussion, dialog and deduction.
- Use of e- learning : Internet, power point presentations.
- Report/ research writing and presentation and discussion of court judgments.
- Inviting well-known authorities, in specific issues, addressed in course to enrich students' experiences.
- Hosting judges and lawyers to lecture to students on course-related topics.
- Holding workshops & seminars on course topics.
After completion of the program's requirements, a student is awarded a master's degree in intellectual property which qualifies him/her to work in the following law related fields/institutions:
- Lawyer in regular courts
- Judicial magistrate corps
- Prosecutor's corps
- Police corps/security/intelligence organs (officer/legal adviser)
- Public and private sector to provide legal counseling and carry out administrative work and public institutions and Ministry of National Economy in particular.
- Civil society institutions
- Research institutes and technology transfer offices
- Industrial associations, invention offices and related companies
- Regional and international organizations and diplomatic corps.
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Trade Marks and Geographical Indications
- Copy Rights and Related Rights
- Industrial Design, Models and Rare Plants Varieties
- Intellectual Property and Innovation Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.