The thesis track consists of 30 compulsory and optional credit hours. It focuses on studying eras of Islamic contemporary and modern history. It also offers research courses and seminars. The thesis which equals 6 credit hours must be proposed before graduation.
As for the comprehensive examination track, students should pass 36 credit hours before submitting the comprehensive examination.
The History program of the An-Najah National University aims at supplying the local, regional and international educational sector with qualified graduates in history. It also contributes to promoting knowledge as well as historical culture and systematic research work.
Teaching and Learning
- Research Work.
- Research Workshops.
- Tour Trips and Field Studies.
- Adopting technological devices to serve.
- research work and the teaching process.
Teaching at schools, universities or research centres.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Seminar In Approaches to Historical Research
- The Rise & Devl't of the Descipline of Arab H.
- Islamic History
- Arab Modern History
- Modern Palestine History
- Seminar in Islamic History
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.