The sub-objectives of the program:
- Create distinctive competencies in the field of electric power engineering capable of development, offering consultations and training for engineers and technicians.
- Provide an opportunity for students to keep up with developments in the Technology of Electrical Power Engineering and make use of them in the development of the energy sector in Palestine.
- Meet the request of many Palestinian engineers and support the national economy by providing the opportunity to enrol in graduate study and get a master degree in the field of electric power engineering locally instead of travelling abroad.
- Development and improvement of the academic and educational level at An-Najah National University in the field of electrical engineering
- Encourage the scientific research among students.
- Encourage lifelong learning and purse continuous education.
- Encourage development and career advancement for students, and engineers working at institutions, companies and Universities.
The Electrical Power Engineering program of the An-Najah National University has a cooperation agreement with the Northern Electric Distribution Company. This agreement allows students to visit different sites of the company, use different facilities, and cooperate in preparing and discussion of the student Thesis.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning methods adopted in this program include lectures, seminars, course projects, student presentations, and home works. All of these include modern technology methods such as modern software, power point and etc.
The graduates of this program are highly skilled personnel in the field of electric power engineering. They can work in the field of projects, research and others in different institutions, companies and Universities. This program gives them also the opportunity to complete their study and get PH.D in electric power engineering.
- Advanced mathematics and optimization
- Advanced analysis of electric power systems
- Advanced power electronics
- Power systems stability and control
- Electric drive
- Transmission and distribution of electric Energy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.