The detailed aims of the Architectural Engineering program from An-Najah National University are to:
- meeting the demand of many Palestinian engineering companies and supporting the national economy by providing access to higher education opportunities to obtain the Master of Architecture locally instead of traveling abroad.
- encouraging the spirit of scientific research and the continuous education programs.
- creating distinctive competencies, in the field of architecture, capable of developing, counseling and training for architects and technicians.
- encouraging career advancement among architects working in different institutions, companies and universities.
- graduating architects qualified for leadership, creativity and meeting the needs of the local community and environment.
Program students coming from various community organizations, which facilitate addressing the local industry issues and to guide research work and conduct different studies. This will increase interaction with these institutions in order to reach the best solutions to develop the built environment and enhance the living conditions of the local community.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning methods adopted in this program include lectures, seminars, course projects, student presentations, and home works. All of these include modern technology facilities such as modern software (Microsoft PowerPoint) and others.
Graduates of this program are highly skilled in the field of architecture and can work in all public sector institutions, municipalities and construction companies in addition to working in the field of education and scientific research in universities.
This program also offers students the opportunity to complete their studies and earn a Doctorate degree in architecture.
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Urban Regeneration
- Advanced Architectural Design
- Housing Issues & Policies
- Islamic Town Planning
- Theory of Architecture
- Urban Design
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.