The courses in the Animal Production program of the An-Najah National University are given by qualified PhD graduates of animal production at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. The faculty’s farms and labs are used to conduct scientific research on animal production.
Since establishment, the programme has been a stepping stone towards dynamic careers in different institutions in Palestine and abroad.
Teaching and Learning
The programme adopts teaching and learning methods which include multimedia, internet technologies and modern display devices to guarantee more effective outcomes.
Students also conduct scientific research on different topics of animal production fields to address problems regarding the subject.
Expected graduates may work in the following fields:
- The private Sector such as the Palestine Poultry Company
- Animal Projects
- Fodder Factories and Hatcheries
- The Public Sector such as the Agriculture Ministry and the Departments of the Environment of the Palestinian Ministry of Health
- Animal Production Projects
- Private Companies
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Advanced Topics in Animal Physiology
- Feeds Evaluation
- Poultry Breeding
- Energy Metabolism
- Protein Metabolism
- Advanced Reproductive Physiology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.