The Master's program in Renewable Energy Management at TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences) will contribute to the promotion of renewable energy sources in countries, especially developing countries, in tropics and subtropics via a holistic renewable energy management concept.
This requires a diversification of their knowledge and leads to the capability of cross-linked thinking. The answer to complex environmental and energy related problems requires economic and managerial competencies more than classical technical knowledge.
The consolidation of different disciplines has not only a methodological dimension but also a cultural and a human one, since interdisciplinary team work requires capacities of sharing knowledge and effective communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The study objectives are focused on:
- understanding the global energy supply systems and their interrelationship with the environmental problems
- evaluating the renewable energy resource potential for different resources and sites
- analyzing the current technologies used for these resources conversion to useful energy
- analyzing the economics of these conversion methods at micro- and macro-economic levels
- evaluating the environmental impact of current and future renewable energy systems
- planning and managing of renewable energy projects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management View 16 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful applicants to the Master’s program hold an undergraduate degree (at least B.A. or equivalent) in a suitable field, earned at a state or a state-recognized institution of higher education with a final cumulative grade of “satisfactory (3.0)” or better along with the proof of a program-related aptitude.
- The Examination Board decides on the suitability of the undergraduate degree.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.