These resources are the basis for food production, urban and industrial water supplies and hydropower. Experts are needed who understand that multiple problems of water resources management can only be addressed through a holistic approach.
The profile of the Integrated Water Resources Management (Master's program) at TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences) is application-oriented. The aim is, besides providing the participants with an overview on the water sector in general, to educate experts in the field of Integrated Water Resources Management. This requires a diversification of their knowledge and leads to the capability of cross-linked thinking. The answer to complex environmental and water related problems requires economic and managerial competencies more than classical technical knowledge.
Based on this, the study objectives are:
- Broadening and enhancing expert knowledge
- Providing key qualifications required for international cooperation projects
- Fostering the link between different areas of specialization
- Enhancing oral and written communication considering different stakeholder groups regarding target groups
- Broaden methodological and scientific skills, bridging theoretical knowledge and practical requirements
- Practicing own research on interdisciplinary and inter-sectorial approaches to Integrated Water Resources Management
internal accreditation based on system accredited standards, until Sep 30, 2022
- Management of Natural Resources Systems
- Natural Resources Economics and Governance
- Project and Business Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Management Studies View 18 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You have to prove the successful passing of a minimum of 15 ECTS of relevant study courses within your previous university study program to the master program Integrated Water Resources Management
- Test scores (or other proof of English language proficiency) must be no older than five years and are to be presented at the time of application
- The motivation letter should be written in max. 500 words in English
- The research proposal should be written on two pages in English
- You are eligible for the master program “Integrated Water Resources Management” if you hold a BSc or BA with a visible connection to the field of water resources management with minimum average grade of 3.0 (according to the German system).
- The Examination Board decides on the suitability of the undergraduate degree.
Additional non-obligatory criterion: Practical / Work experience A prove of practical experience / work experience within the field of Integrated Water Resources Management will enhance your eligibility to the master program.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Semester fee: 280.5 EUR
Living costs for Köln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.