These ressources are the basis for food production, urban and industrial water supplies and hydropower. Experts are needed who understand that multiple problems of water resources management can only be addressed through a holistic approach.
The profile of the Master's program is application-oriented. The aim is, besides providing the participants with an overview on the water sector in general, to educate experts in the field of Integrated Water Resources Management. This requires a diversification of their knowledge and leads to the capability of cross-linked thinking. The answer to complex environmental and water related problems requires economic and managerial competencies more than classical technical knowledge.
Based on this, the study objectives are:
- Broadening and enhancing expert knowledge
- Providing key qualifications required for international cooperation projects
- Fostering the link between different areas of specialization
- Enhancing oral and written communication considering different stakeholder groups regarding target groups
- Broaden methodological and scientific skills, bridging theoretical knowledge and practical requirements
- Practicing own research on interdisciplinary and inter-sectorial approaches to Integrated Water Resources Management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management of Natural Resources Systems
- Natural Resources Economics and Governance
- Project and Business Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Management, Organisation & Leadership View 12 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful applicants to the Master’s program hold an undergraduate degree (at least B.A. or equivalent) in a suitable field, earned at a state or a state-recognized institution of higher education with a final cumulative grade of “satisfactory (3.0)” or better along with the proof of a program-related aptitude.
- The Examination Board decides on the suitability of the undergraduate degree.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.