Per semester, one compulsory module (Transdisciplinary Media Cultural Projects/TMCPs) has to be attended as well as three electives. The third/fourth semester is dedicated to the master project.
The TMCPs are research-oriented, merging theoretical knowledge, communicational concepts, technological methods, managerial steering strategies with cultural practices.
The electives within the field of Curating and Communicating are complemented by electives from the field of Management and Technology. They can be selected according to personal specializations.
Graduates in International Media Cultural Work from Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences enjoy an extensive field of career opportunities, including
- Executive positions (e.g. cultural managers, dramaturges, cultural editors, art educators)
- Independent freelance work (e.g. as curators, consultants, cultural publicists, exhibition designers)
- Researchers (e.g. with independent scientific or scholarly projects)
Employers may be cultural institutions, media companies, educational organizations, or industrial or economic corporations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transdisciplinary Media Cultural Project
- Industrial Placement
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Media Studies & Mass Media View 60 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Your School leaving certificate. Normally a completed Bachelor’s degree is sufficient; however there are many cases where a secondary school certificate will still play an important role in the evaluation of your entitlement to study in Germany
- A Bachelor’s degree equivalent to that of a German Bachelor’s degree is relevant to the Master’s Degree program in a related subject. A prerequisite for the application and admission is that the university is recognised and accredited according to the laws and regulations of the country in which it is based. If these laws stipulate that the study program needs to be accredited as well, then this condition must always be fulfilled too.
- The transcript of records/diploma supplement for all study years (precondition is a full-time study program)
- Copy of your passport
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.