The Master of Public Health aims to equip participants with scientific and practical skills to independently conduct research that brings about policy changes and positively affects the health of populations. Its key concept is to preserve and enhance the health, well-being and life expectancy of human populations by integrating scientific knowledge, practical skills and data research analysis to advance public health.
Graduates with professional experience seeking in depth knowledge and skills of research for evidence based practice and policy making in the complex field of public health.
The course in the Public Health Programme at Hamburg University of Applied Sciences comprises of ten modules which focus on the determinants of health and major health problems in a global and interdisciplinary perspective and will provide students with knowledge in conceptualization, planning, implementation and evaluation of public health interventions, study designs and research methods.
Students are able to gain a comprehensive understanding in the ethics and in current developments of public health. The programme culminates in the writing of the master thesis. The aim is to formulate and analyse a problem, using a suitable study design and study methods; concepts and methods learned during the programme will be applied.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global, European and German Public Health
- Health Promotion and Prevention
- Epidemiology and Study Designs
- Infectious and Non-Communicable Disease Epidemiology
- Nutrition, Health Behavior and Lifestyle
- Ethics and Scientific Methodology in Public Health
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 18 other Masters in Public Health in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must possess a first degree either in health sciences/ public health or a similar degree relevant to health sciences, such as, for example, medicine, social sciences, nursing or a degree in a health care profession or a degree in a discipline that is closely related to health sciences such as, for example, economics with a minimum of 210 ECTS
- Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records
- Proof of one year of professional experience in public health or qualified scientific work with convincing substantial and methodological relevance to health sciences / public health (attestation of employer)
- Internationally recognized certificate of English language knowledge (CEFR Level C1)
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Hamburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.