Participants will be trained for research as well as managerial positions in the growing field of public health and health care, in both public and private settings. Students will acquire knowledge and skills for future responsibilities in diverse areas, such as health systems and policy, surveillance, evaluation and quality management. Graduates typically assume roles in a wide range of institutions, such as public health organisations, public administration, insurance companies, industry, consulting or NGOs.
This Master of Health Sciences is a two-year consecutive programme (4 semesters, 120 CP in total) based on an attained Bachelor’s degree or Diploma. It provides participants with scientific and practical skills to conduct research in the field of health sciences. The interdisciplinary programme enables students to interact with health care practitioners, policy makers, public administrators, healthcare payers, NGO staff, industry managers and diverse population groups in order to establish informed and evidence-based decision making and promote equity in health and health care. Students gain a comprehensive understanding of research methods, their use in the field of health care, prevention and health promotion, as well as empirical, data-based research experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Dimensions of Public Health and Statistical Data Analysis
- Ethics and Epistemology
- Diversity in Health
- Family, Community and Occupational Health
- Health Economics and Global Health
- Infectious and Non-Communicable Disease Epidemiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 17 other Masters in Health Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A first university degree in the field of health sciences providing qualification for professional practice with at least 180 ECTS or an equivalent university degree is required
- Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records
- Proof of special knowledge of the English language Level C1 (see paragraph 3)
- For students without a German university entrance qualification, proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language Level B1
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of special knowledge in line with the academic objectives of the masters course
- Proof of especially good knowledge of the English language
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Semester contribution €335.60
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.