The aim is a stronger weighting on pharmaceutical products and processes considering the demands of the industry, especially in production and development, to the qualification of the graduates. Great importance attaches to the determination of new active pharmaceutical ingredients as well as pharmacological aspects. The programme in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology at Hamburg University of Applied Sciences also fosters the interdisciplinary competences of students in research and development. The master programme was certified by ASIIN in 2015.
Our department looks back on a wide experience in the field of Bioprocess Engineering including various aspects in upstream and downstream processing. Since 2009 the focus in the master programme is on Pharmaceutical Biotechnology which is well recognized in the pharmaceutical industry throughout Germany. The programme provides a well-balanced mix of theoretical and special training courses with the option to conduct the master thesis in industry. Usually, applicants quickly find good jobs throughout Germany and Europe. Alternatively, they benefit from the qualification of this Master of Science degree to start a doctoral research study in a related field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pharmaceutical Biochemical Engineering
- Purification Techniques
- Purification Techniques Special Course
- Pharmaceutical Technology Pharmacology
- Good Manufactoring Practice
- Drug Development and Formulation
- First degree as Bachelor (in related disciplines) qualifying for a professional career or a comparable course of studies or a Diploma of a university with 210 CP
- Knowledge of English language proven by Abitur
- German language certificate level A2 by acknowledged institutions like Goethe-Institut
- Applicants holding a first academic degree (bachelor, diploma etc.) from non-EU-countries: Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of motivation
- Letter of recommendation from a university professor
- Proof of particular professional experience
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Semester contribution €335.60
Living costs for Hamburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.