There are specific patient subsets included in the Rehabilitation Medicine special area of interest. For example (the list is not exhaustive); Rehabilitation (rehabilitation after a wide range of neurological disorders ie stroke, acquired brain injury, brain tumorous, intramuscular diseases, Parkinson’s disease), Spinal cord injury rehabilitation, Rehabilitation of musculature and soft tissue disorders, Pediatric rehabilitation, Pain rehabilitation, Amputee Rehabilitation, Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and Vestibule rehabilitation.
This Rehabilitation Medicine (MRehabMed) program will provide medical graduates capable of combining the latest and evidence-based medicine rehabilitation approach with the optimum patient care standards that is the trademark of University of Malaya excellence in medicine.
Diverse career options in an internationally recognized tertiary medical and training center
- As a physician/specialist in Rehabilitation Medicine and registered under the Malaysian National Specialist Registry
- As a medical lecturer in Universities offering postgraduate Master in Rehabilitation Medicine program
- As a consultant in organizations requiring experts in Rehabilitation Medicine knowledge and practices
- Research opportunities in addition to clinical practice for those inclined.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Basic and Applied Sciences of Rehabilitation Medicine;
- Principles, Concepts and Practice of Rehabilitation Medicine;
- Rotational postings in disciplines related to Rehabilitation Medicine;
- The keeping of a log book by the candidate to document tasks undertaken
- Continuous assessments as prescribed by the Department
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 47 other Masters in Human Medicine in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery of the University or an equivalent medical qualification approved by the Senate; and
- At least one year of post-full registration clinical experience approved by the Senate.
International14744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 58979 USD for the full programme and a duration of 48 months.
National2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8802 USD for the full programme and a duration of 48 months.
- 36,070 RM - Local
- 241,670 RM - International
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.