This Master's programme in Social Studies of Gender from Lund University is an interdisciplinary programme in social sciences. You will learn how current feminist theories in dialogue with established academic disciplines have contributed to the understanding of broader social processes. You will improve your ability to critically examine, evaluate and discuss the field's most important theoretical perspectives and research results. You will be able to formulate and analyse interconnections between theory and practice concerning gender, class, ethnicity and sexuality.
The medium of instruction is English. This means that lectures and seminars will be given in English and that examinations (including the master's thesis) will be in English.
The critical social science perspective acquired during the programme, together with in-depth knowledge of theories in your disciplinary background prepares you for professional work in a variety of fields, such as organisational management, development, communication and social policy. In addition, the programme prepares students for doctoral studies and a continued academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gender, Class, Ethnicity and Sexuality
- Research Methods
- Critical Feminist Perspectives in Social Theory
- Theory of Sciences/ Research Methods
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor s degree with a major in one of the following social sciences disciplines: development studies, education, gender studies, human geography, political science, social work, social anthropology, sociology and sociology of law or equivalent. A major is equivalent to a minimum of 90 credits or 50% of all degree course-work within one of the above social sciences disciplines. English 6/English Course B.
- Based on academic qualifications and a statement of purpose.
International10445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20891 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 220 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.