The Master in “Cognitive Psychology in Health Communication”, jointly offered by the Institute of Communication and Health of Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) and the Faculty of Psychology of Vita-Salute San Raffaele University of Milan (UNISR), presents a new joint Master’s programme through training in cognitive psychology, neuroscience and communication.
The Cognitive Psychology in Health Communication programme at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University will familiarize students with the latest research and practice in cognitive psychology and provide a modern preparation to lead and influence change in health in today’s diverse communities. The master’s programme is designed to train students who will understand the causes of health-related behaviours and who will also be able to design new and effective interventions to prevent disease and promote health.
The entire master’s programme takes advantage of synergies and complementarities between the two Universities, USI and UNISR, and offers excellent competences in teaching and research. This Master offers a high degree of innovation thanks also to the advanced technologies available on site in the two universities in terms of high-tech equipment, data centres, laboratories, and health facilities.
Psychology in Communication and Health is a rapidly growing field, which is in need of professionals to provide psychological services to those with medical illness. We anticipate that graduates from the program will work in clinics and governmental health organizations, NGOs or other health domains. Furthermore, training in this Master program is designed to produce students who can design novel and effective interventions to prevent disease and promote health:
- Cognitive psychologist in health
- Experts in Psychology for Health Communication
- Expert in Decisions Planning and Organization for Public Health
- Experts in health psychology
- Experts in beahvioural psychology in health organization
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication in Health
- Learning and memory
- Research Methods in Health
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Psychology
- Decision Making and behavior
- Advanced models for social and psychological sciences
- Advances in Behavioral Neuroscience
- Behavior and management
- Social psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
The application deadline is 15 September 2021 (candidates who need a visa should apply not later than April 30).
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Psychology Health Sciences View 13 other Masters in Psychology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The formal requirement for admission to the Master's degree in Cognitive Psychology in Health Communication is a Bachelor's degree in Psychology granted by a recognised university.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied sciences may be admitted with the requirement of acquiring additional credits prior to the start of the Master’s studies by attending Bachelor's courses at another recognised University. The university, the number of credits and the list of courses to attend have to be agreed with the Directors of the Master’s programme.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.