The faculty has close collaboration with the industry and teaching is provided by highly experienced and internationally well-regarded teachers. The Oulu Mining School is involved with many high-level EU projects which focus on innovation, developing new methods and refining existing processes.
Job opportunities exist in all fields related to the mining cycle including:
- Mineral Exploration
- Mineral Processing
- Rock Engineering in both industry and research.
Excellent skills in and understanding of sustainable use of mineral resources and principles of sustainable mining and beneficiation, including:
- Theoretical studies in geosciences and engineering
- Economical and environmental aspects of mining
- Hands-on practice in the well-equipped Oulu Mining School Research Centre and in the field
- The latest modelling and simulation education related to the topics
- Instrumental skills in mineral analytics.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A successful applicant has obtained their first academic degree, normally a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, from an institution of higher education. As a rule, the Bachelor’s degree is the lower academic degree. This degree should be equivalent of at least three years of full-time studies (180 ECTS).
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.