The Infection Control programme at the University of Essex Online will help you examine key areas including; microbiology, immunology, public health and communicable disease control. You’ll understand how infections occur and how different micro-organisms act and spread.
You’ll also learn the essential principles of research design in order to conduct your own evaluation of your working environment.
This course is designed to equip nurses and other healthcare professionals with a comprehensive understanding of infectious disease control and prevention
Throughout this course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
- the science of identifying and isolating pathogenic organisms to assist in the diagnosis, management and treatment of patients
- the scientific concepts underpinning infection control and prevention
- the impact of infectious diseases and their control in a variety of settings
Online courses give you the opportunity to improve your career prospects and earning potential with a mix of key skills that are directly transferable to the workplace; such as report writing, communication, time management and critical thinking.
As a graduate of this Postgraduate Diploma Infection Control you may already be working within a specialist infection control role. The course will help you gain a more senior position in Infection Control, Environmental Health and many other healthcare professions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Teaching methods and style
- Essex Online is a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the art Virtual Learning Environment to deliver teaching, resources and assessments. The system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and listen to and view live lectures and seminars.
- You are supported throughout your course by a dedicated Student Adviser and have opportunities to regularly interact with fellow students and your tutor. To ensure you receive the support you need from your tutor, University of Essex Online caps the class sizes at 20 students.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 180 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
An undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Post-registration experience in a relevant field, supported by appropriate references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7482 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 16 months.
EU/EEA5611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7482 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.