On this online MSc Infection Control course you will learn how to prevent and control the spreading of infection.
You will gain the latest knowledge and understanding of infection control practice, enabling you to make improvements in your chosen area.
You’ll learn how to develop and implement strategies to reduce the spread of infection and respond appropriately to future outbreaks.
You’ll improve your ability to advise policy makers and other clinicians on matters relating to infection.
Throughout this MSc Infection Control course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
- the science of identifying and isolating pathogenic organisms to assist in the diagnosis, management and treatment of patients
- the scientific concepts underpinning infection control and prevention
- the impact of infectious diseases and their control in a variety of settings
Finally, you’ll get an opportunity to conduct an original research project on a topic of interest aligned to an area that is of relevance to your industry.
Studying MSc Infection Control online gives you the freedom to study when and where it suits you – at home, during your lunch hour or anywhere else you have internet access.
Our MSc Infection Control is delivered through a virtual learning environment (VLE) instead of a traditional campus. This means you will have access to your study materials 24/7, including:
- multimedia lecturecasts made up of written content, short videos, animation, audio recordings, infographics, short tests and mini-assignments
- discussion forums for you to chat about the course content with fellow students
- live Q&A sessions with your tutors
- a comprehensive eLibrary of textbooks and academic journals
- support from academic staff and your personal Student Adviser during your MSc Infection Control
To ensure you receive the support you need from your tutor, we cap our class sizes at 20 students.
Rather than fretting about exams, you will be assessed exclusively through assignments. This can be by engaging in discussion forums throughout your modules, completing reflective journal entries, or by submitting longer written pieces.
We are committed to providing frequent and transparent feedback through the following ways:
- Our assessment criteria are designed to be simple and transparent.
- You will always be aware of your current provisional grade, right from the start of the programme.
- You will be able to view your marks clearly in your gradebook whenever you log onto the learning platform.
- There is a 7-day turnaround for marking and feedback of assessed work.
- You will have regular contact with your Student Adviser, with whom you can discuss any concerns as soon as they arise during your MSc Infection Control.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The MSc Infection Control course is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 180 credits at Level 7.Level 7 modules:
- Introduction to Medical Microbiology and Immunology (20 credits)*
- Communicable Disease Control (20 credits)*
- Infection Prevention and Quality Improvement (20 credits)*
- Research Methods (20 credits)*
- Dissertation (60 credits)*
- Two optional modules**:
- Health Promotion (20 credits)
- Advanced Practice in Healthcare (20 credits)
- Epidemiology (20 credits)
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the MSc Infection Control award.
** In addition to the core modules, students will take two optional modules.
We are dedicated to improving employability amongst our graduates. Our online MSc Infection Control course gives you the opportunity to improve your career prospects and earning potential with a mix of key skills that are directly transferable to the workplace; such as report writing, communication, time management and critical thinking.
Subject specialists, industry authorities and experienced academics: the tutors who teach modules on our MSc Infection Control are experts in the field of healthcare.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 369 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Post-registration experience in a relevant field, supported by appropriate references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11222 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11222 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Designated for postgraduate student loans in England.
- Simple monthly payment plan available, enabling you to spread the cost over the duration of your studies.
- Full payment discount of 10% of the tuition fee if you pay upfront.
- Partial scholarship available for international students residing in specific regions outside of the UK.
- Alumni discount of 10% of the tuition fee available if you are a previous graduate with the University of Essex or University of Essex Online.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.