The Fine Art MA degree offered at Aberystwyth University will push you to develop your skills in your chosen medium, whether that is illustration, drawing, painting, photography, or interdisciplinary studies. Whatever your chosen career path, this MA in Fine Art will signal to prospective employers your commitment to personal excellence, professional rigour, and technical innovation.
The range of posts to which our graduates progress widens all the time. Our alumni have gone on to work:
- For designing companies
- In museums and galleries
- As art teachers
- On education programmes in galleries
- In gallery assistant posts
- producing family-based learning activities in galleries and museums
- Artworld: Contemporary Practice in Context (for Students of Fine Art)
- Exhibition: Consolidation
- Exhibition: Resolution
- Portfolio: Development
- Vocational Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fine Arts View 76 other Masters in Fine Arts in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.1 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above in a related subject and accompanying portfolio of work. Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.