This Master's programme in Global Studies from Lund University is an interdisciplinary social science master's programme which will give you a knowledge of globalisation, conflict and social change. You will gain an understanding of theories connected to processes of globalisation and transformation, which are analysed through various disciplinary frameworks. The programme presents major cultural, economic, political and socio-psychological theories and concepts which will make you able to make informed and comparative analyses of how globalisation is connected to conflict and social change.
The medium of instruction is English. This means that lectures and seminars will be given in English and that examinations (including the master's thesis) will be in English.
The programme provides you with both the background knowledge and the practical skills needed to work in a broad range of fields including governmental, non-governmental and the private sector. You will be prepared for a future career as a policymaker, a leader or a practitioner working on global issues in government agencies, private companies or NGOs, or alternatively, for doctoral studies and a continued academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Global Studies
- Research Methods
- Globalisation, Conflict, Security and the State
- Theory of Sciences/Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 20 other Masters in Political Science in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor s degree with a major in one of the following social sciences disciplines: development studies, education, gender studies, human geography, political science, social work, social anthropology, sociology and sociology of law or equivalent. A major is equivalent to a minimum of 90 credits or 50% of all degree course-work within one of the above social sciences disciplines. English 6/English Course B.
- Based on academic qualifications and a statement of purpose. Since this a multidisciplinary programme it is essential to attain an even distribution among different majors within the group. The number of admitted applicants from one major shall not exceed 30 % of all students admitted to the programme.
International10445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20891 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 220 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.