The International Business programme delivered by American College Dublin equips the student with the necessary knowledge base, skills, competencies and strategic awareness to succeed in the international business environment. Students will analyse and evaluate scenarios and provide suitable outcomes. In the MB in International Business, the lecturer asks the questions and the students research and formulate the answers.
The programme’s overall aims and objectives are that graduates will:
- Acquire and understand the key knowledge areas relevant to the study and practice of international business.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the seminal and current theories and concepts in the study of international business.
- Apply a practical range of skills for analysing and evaluating problems and proposing solutions in the international business environment.
- Communicate – orally, in writing and electronically – in international business, analysing case studies, making presentations, preparing reports, engaging in interpersonal interactions and team working arrangements.
- Apply a range of competencies for successful practical participation in international business, including executive decision-making, ethical awareness, cultural sensitivity and strategic planning.
- Utilize a range of research methodologies to analyse business data and propose tenable conclusions
- Undertake the research and writing of a substantial project with minimal supervision.
Graduates will be able to gain employment at managerial level in a variety of multi-national enterprises, international financial services, consulting, entrepreneurial concerns and the public sector. The MB in International Business provides an effective platform for progression to the institution’s MBA in International Business or to doctoral studies. During the programme students will develop research and presentation skills that will make them highly desirable to employers.
Along with academic knowledge that students receive throughout the duration of their chosen subject, students will also acquire and develop transferable career skills from their degree discipline. These skills along with potential career paths are provided below to give you a well-rounded view of what the course has to offer.
These skills include:
- Cross-cultural management
- Analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strong presentation Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team work
- Interpreting statistical data
- Time management
Graduates from the MB in International Business programme have been successful in diverse areas such as:
- International Finance
- Human resource management
- Multinational enterprise
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cross cultural management
- International regulatory environment
- The political economy
- Designing and conducting research
- International entrepreneurship
- Corporate policy
- International business ethic and corporate governance
- International strategic marketing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
There is a late application procedure until 1 May. Students are advised to apply well in advance of the deadlines.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 54 other Masters in Business Administration in Ireland
- An honours bachelor degree in a cognate discipline is required. If the applicant has an honours bachelor degree in a non-cognate discipline, it will be necessary for the applicant to complete such bridging modules as the Admissions Office deems necessary in order to achieve the prerequisite intended learning outcomes for participation in the programme.
- The length of this bridging programme depends on the amount of prerequisite learning outcomes achieved by the applicant, but normally will not exceed duration of one year.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.