The academic scope of biology is wide – thus, you can choose between these five specialisations: Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cell Biology and Physiology, Microbiology, Ecology and Marine Biology.
The Biology programme at the University of Copenhagen enables you to do interdisciplinary research and to feel equally at home when working in nature as well as in the laboratory.
Biologists work in a variety of occupational settings. The MSc programme in Biology covers a broad set of skills, so immediate job prospects are good. Also, your education and training can easily be targeted to suit specific career aims. Often, biologists get jobs in:
- pharmaceutical companies
- government ministries
- upper secondary schools
- intellectual-property consultancies
- environmental organizations
- the media
- biotech start-ups
More informationVisit official programme website
- Experimental Molecular Genetics
- Cell Cycle Control and Cancer
- RNA Biology
- Epigenetics and Cell Differentiation
- Genome Sequence Analysis
- Dynamical Models in Molecular Biology
- Molecular Neurobiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology View 20 other Masters in Biology in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If you hold one of the degrees listed below, you are considered to meet all academic requirements.
- BSc in Biology from the University of Copenhagen
Other bachelor’s degrees
- If you have a bachelor’s degree other than those listed above, you must submit additional documentation along with your application so the University can evaluate whether or not you meet the admission requirements.
International14780 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7390 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition fee: DKK 55,000 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.