Graduate Expected Career
- Follow-up on academic achievement and pursue a PhD degree in software engineering or related fields.
- Researcher in academic or public institutions or research centers that address research challenges in computing in general or software engineering in particular.
- Professional ICT expert with specific expertise in software engineering
- Architect, analysts and/or software engineer.
- Software/system quality auditor
- Project Manager of software projects and/or as a software development team leader
Software Engineering program goals at Birzeit University
- To train students with current and advanced relevant software engineering skills and practices, that enable them to compete effectively at a global level.
- To instil among students the professional ability to analyze, assess and understand software engineering codes of conduct, legal and ethical values.
- To improve students’ ability to work and function productively and effectively in teams including interdisciplinary teams, and demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- To prepare students for doctoral programs in software engineering by developing the ability to carry out and evaluate theoretical and applied research in software engineering.
- To develop technical leadership capabilities and project management skills to enable students pursue entrepreneurship and productive careers in software engineering.
- To enrich students with applied technical communication skills to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate ideas and outcomes, both orally and in writing, in a logical manner.
- Software Construction
- Research Methods in Software Engineering
- Software Requirements Engineering
- Software Design and Architecture
- Software Engineering Management
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 3 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants should have BSc in one of the following areas computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related fields. Also BSc degrees in other areas with related working experience might be considered.
- Applicants should have background in the following topics: data structure, object-oriented programming, database (first university course), statistical (first university course). Applicants that lack knowledge in any of background topics have to take undergraduate courses as pre-requisite courses.
- In addition to the general requirements of the university.
International176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 176 USD per year during 24 months.
National176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 176 USD per year during 24 months.
- 125 JD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.