OverviewGraduate Expected Career
- Follow-up on academic achievement and pursue a PhD degree in software engineering or related fields.
- Researcher in academic or public institutions or research centers that address research challenges in computing in general or software engineering in particular.
- Professional ICT expert with specific expertise in software engineering
- Architect, analysts and/or software engineer.
- Software/system quality auditor
- Project Manager of software projects and/or as a software development team leader
Software Engineering program goals at Birzeit University
- To train students with current and advanced relevant software engineering skills and practices, that enable them to compete effectively at a global level.
- To instil among students the professional ability to analyze, assess and understand software engineering codes of conduct, legal and ethical values.
- To improve students’ ability to work and function productively and effectively in teams including interdisciplinary teams, and demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- To prepare students for doctoral programs in software engineering by developing the ability to carry out and evaluate theoretical and applied research in software engineering.
- To develop technical leadership capabilities and project management skills to enable students pursue entrepreneurship and productive careers in software engineering.
- To enrich students with applied technical communication skills to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate ideas and outcomes, both orally and in writing, in a logical manner.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Software Construction
- Research Methods in Software Engineering
- Software Requirements Engineering
- Software Design and Architecture
- Software Engineering Management
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology
- General Secondary Education Certificate Examination (Tawjihi) score equivalent to or higher than 65 percent.
- Bachelor’s degree, from a university accredited by Birzeit University, in a field required by the program that the applicant wishes to enroll in. All applicants must have earned a “Good” academic standing. Applicants who have an “Acceptable” standing will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the university’s Academic Council based on recommendation by the relevant department, or program committee.
- Two sealed letters of recommendation by faculty members who taught the applicant or two supervisors who oversaw his or her work, or a letter from each.
International176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.