The Community and Public Health program at Birzeit University admits students from a range of disciplines, with physicians, dentists, veterinarians, nurses and midwives studying side by side with other health professionals, nutritionists, engineers, economists, school teachers, and students who have science and social science Bachelor’s degrees.
This ensures that team work and inter-sectoral collaboration is instilled in students early on, and as part of the teaching process. This is also compatible with the principle that public health must be practiced inside and outside health services, including in school, community and the wider society.
- Enable students to approach health-related problems with an appreciation of the broad determinants of health, including the social, political, and economic determinants in addition to the biomedical ones.
- Provide students with a foundation of concepts necessary for rational, efficient, effective, and ethical practice of public health, which is relevant to the needs and aspirations of the Palestinian community.
- Equip students with the analytical and technical skills necessary for identification of health-related problems, design of appropriate interventions, monitoring, and evaluation of practices.
- Enable students to approach health conditions and services with the notion of inter-sectoral cooperation as an essential component of system-building.
- Classical Epidemiology
- Communication and Training Skills
- Social Epidemiology
- Health Planning and Management
- Research Methods and Data Collection
- Health Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 6 other Masters in Public Health in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Birzeit University and/or in Palestinian Territory, Occupied, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university with a minimum “good” standing.
- A Bachelor specialty in general medicine, dentistry, nursing, one of the medical professions, or other specialties related to public health (such as nutrition, statistics, engineering, environment, management, economics, education, sociology, or psychology).
- Passing ICPH's English proficiency examination.
- Work experience in a field related to public health is preferred.
International176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 176 USD per year during 24 months.
National176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 176 USD per year during 24 months.
- 125 JD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.