The key goal of the Joint Master Programme in Tribology of Surfaces and Interfaces program of the University of Coimbra is to provide the students with the high-level contemporary knowledge, required for the next generation of engineers to tackle highly-interdisciplinary tribology-related problems through an interdisciplinary and complementary joint master programme about tribological surfaces, interfaces, lubricants, lubrication, as well as wear and friction mechanisms at nano and macro scale, and computational, modelling, analytical and experimental skills that are urgently needed in fields of transport, industry, medicine and energy, and cannot be obtained in a single university or even single country at so comprehensive and advanced level.
Students will obtain generic competences, such as:
- Ability and understanding of the needs for life-long learning;
- Ability of involving in multidisciplinary teams in discussing and solving technical problems;
- Awareness of importance of administrative requirements, punctuality, and cooperation;
- Communication abilities;
- Integration abilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lubrication and lubricants
- Oilfield chemistry and corrosion
- Materials selection and failure analysis
- Engineering computational methods
- Contact engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics View 10 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree must be an equivalent of 180 ECTS and comparable to the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering RRP programme, with an average grade of at least 80 % (grade point average GPA) in engineering, materials science, physical sciences or chemistry.
- Proof of English knowledge is required for all students from non-English speaking countries. Students from non-English speaking countries are required to have obtained the IELTS certificate or TOEFL certificate.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in a separate file. Europass format must be used.
- Information about education.
- A copy of the highest degree.
- A transcript of study results and grades.
- Not-completed bachelor form.
- A minimum of 2 and maximum 4 recommendation letters.
- Motivation letter.
- Previous relevant work, research and experience.
- Copy of passport or identity card.
- Proof of no criminal record (in English).
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 4000 €/ year for students from the Programme countries
- 8000 € / year for students from the Partner countries
Living costs for Coimbra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Erasmus Mundus aims to enhance quality in higher education through scholarships and academic cooperation between Europe and the rest of the world by offering scholarships to students enroling to high-quality study programmes.
Applicants for TRIBOS master study programme can therefore apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, provided by European Comission through the EACEA agency under Action 1 activity.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.