The formation path and program allow students to gain an autonomous capability of analysing and tackling complex engineering problems in various civil engineering branches, thus opening many job opportunities in the national and international context.
Formation of students involved in the program is based on courses that on the one hand strengthen the backgorund acquired in the Bachelor level, and on the other hand introduce new elements that contribute to complete the preparation of engineers and make them knowledgeable about the design and management process of civil constructions, taking into account their interactions with the territory and environment.
The content of Civil Engineering programme at Politecnico di Torino is strongly focused on the state of practice, but look at the state of the art of various disciplines belonging to different areas of civil engineering.
Depending on selected curriculum, graduated students acquire specialistic skills that lead to the formation of distinct professional profiles. With a specific emphasyis placed on the curriculum “Structures and Infrastructures” (in English language), the professional profile is described below.
A professional ables to:
- apply the principles, theories and analytical, computational and experimental methods for physical-mechanical modelingof terrains and rocks and evaluating their behavior in a static and dynamic field;
- develop procedures for the geotechnical characterization of the land with particular focus on civil constructions and natural risk analyses;
- analyze and design foundations, underground constructions, walls, tunnels, embankments and other constructions ;
- planning and supervise the implementation of slopes stabilization and property improvement of the terrains.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Hydraulic And Maritime Buildings And Hydrology
- Roads, Railways And Airports
- Construction Science
- Construction Technique
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- 1st Call: February 12th
- 2nd Call: May 4th
- 3rd call: June 19th
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 15 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to be eligible to apply, you need to:
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
The new model adopted by Politecnico consists in:
- For non-EU students living outside Italy and not belonging to a LDC, the amount of the tuition fee is calculated considering their country of origin and whether they apply or not for tuition fee reduction according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
- For EU students living outside Italy, the amount of the tuition fee depends on whether they submit or not the tuition fee reduction application according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
- TOPoliTO Scholarships
- Politecnico International Scholarships
- EDISU Piemonte scholarships and accommodation services reserved to prospective students
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation scholarships (MAECI)
- External Bodies calls
- Scholarships for Refugee Students
- Part-Time jobs and other support reserved to prospective students (I and II level degrees)
- Italia Startup Visa program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.