Succesful completion of the Social Work programme of University of Worcester means individuals are eligible to apply to join the Social Work England register which is a requirement in order to practice as a social worker in England.
- The course dynamically integrates theory and practice embracing both learning in the classroom and in placement settings. The course provides a generic learning opportunity encompassing all service user groups and every effort is made to involve service users, carers, practitioners and managers from across the social work arena in the learning experience.
- While the course works to the UK points of reference including the QAA benchmarks and the requirements of Social Work England, the course team also embrace the International Federation of Social Work's definition: The social work profession promotes social change, problem solving in human relationships and the empowerment and liberation of people to enhance well-being. Utilising theories of human behaviour and social systems, social work intervenes at the points where people interact with their environments. Principles of human rights and social justice are fundamental to social work.
Where could it take you?
On successful completion of the course you will be eligible to apply to join the Social Work England register and seek employment as a qualified social worker in a variety of organisations in the statutory, voluntary and independent sectors.
The programme works closely with Worcestershire and Hereford Councils to enhance employment opportunities on completion of the degree.
To date graduates have demonstrated a good record in gaining employment.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of practice
- Theories, approaches and skills
- Applied law and policy for social workers
- Assessment and safeguarding
- Human growth and development
- Practice - developing capabilities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 240 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
- An Honours Degree at 2:1 or above in a relevant degree
- GCSE English Language & Maths grade C/4 or above (or a certifiable equivalent)
- Satisfactory occupational health clearance
- Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
- A minimum of three months contemporary, relevant practice experience verified by reference
- Candidates whose first language is not English must have a minimum standard of English at IELTS level 7, with no element below level 6.5
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5050 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.