At Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) from University of Cumbria we help you build on existing academic skills gained in your BSc (Hons) science based degree, to study patient management in key areas of physiotherapy, including cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal and neurology - learning all the skills you will need as a qualified physiotherapist to provide effective physical, psychological and social care.
You'll be qualified to work in a variety of NHS, education, private, voluntary and independent environments both in the UK and abroad. Some countries will require graduates to take an entry examination or assessment.
The skills you learn will serve you well both in the clinical field and in any job requiring research, leadership or management skills.
Graduates from the MSc Physiotherapy programme are in high demand from employers with graduates usually starting work as a Band 5 Physiotherapist in the NHS immediately after graduation. You can also work in the private or voluntary sectors.
- Applied Science for Physiotherapy Practice
- Physiotherapy Practice - Assessment and Evaluation
- Scholarship and Research Methods
- Applied Physiotherapy (Neuromusculoskeletal Practice)
- Applied Physiotherapy Practice (Acute Care Pathways)
- Practice Placement Observation (PPO)
- Physiotherapy Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 926 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- An existing BSc (Hons) degree in a relevant science-based subject, at 2i (upper class second) level or higher. Examples of relevant subjects include sports rehabilitation, sports therapy, human biology, biomedical sciences, anatomy and physiology, etc.
- OR An existing qualification in nursing, midwifery or relevant Allied Health Profession, gained through study to BSc (Hons) level. A recognised practitioner qualification in e.g: osteopathy or chiropractic.
- Work experience or observation in one or more relevant clinical or voluntary settings. One of these would ideally be within the UK NHS, or equivalent service for international students.
- English Proficiency
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Automatic tuition fee discount applied for all EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, currently resident in Europe, who will be commencing their studies in 2022/23. The scholarship will reduce the level of tuition fees that are payable from the Overseas tuition rate to the Home / UK tuition fee . If the course is of more than one year's duration the scholarship will be applied each year for the duration of the degree programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.