The Human Resource Management programme of University of Worcester is a highly contemporary course, which brings you right up to date with latest emerging contexts, such as global shifts in economic power, climate change, employer branding, changing work patterns, and how to build an inclusive organisation that is rooted in both global diversity, best practices and intercultural competence. Your time at university is an important investment in your future career potential and ability to compete for the most desirable graduate jobs.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Optional 6-month internship
- Certificate in Strategic Management (CMI qualification) optionally awarded* upon successful completion of the course which will greatly impact your long-term career aspirations. You will also have access to Associate Membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- A multinational programme, typically attracting students from over 20 countries, enabling you to share your experience and build a global mindset
Where could it take you?
The MSc Human Resource Management prepares you for a successful career in areas such as personnel management, consultancy, recruitment and selection, training and development, reward management and human resource planning.
You may also wish to further your studies by undertaking a PhD in HRM related issues, under the supervision of our Centre for People @ Work.
Subject to permission by UK Visa and Immigration on application of your visa you can choose to take a 6-month internship, extending the 12-month Masters course to 18-months. Whilst an internship of your choice is not guaranteed the Business School will support you to be successful in finding a suitable internship to gain important experience within the UK workforce.
Students choosing to undertake the optional internship will have access to a placements preparation module and careers advice and support, which will assist you in preparation for interviews, CV writing, understanding assessment centres etc. Thereafter, you will be able to apply to spend your internship at an organisation of your choice, anywhere in the UK or abroad (once confirmed with the Placements Office). Students have taken internships in DHL, Daimler, Borwell, Herefordshire & Worcestershire Fire and Rescue Service, ISOQS, Sight Concern, Southco, St Richards Hospice, and Worcestershire County Cricket Club.
WBS also have links with national companies through placement programmes such as Aldi, Asda, Atos, Bosch, CGI, Eaton, Eli Lilly, Enterprise Rent A Car, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Jaguar Land Rover, Lenovo, Lidl, Marks & Spencer, Mercedes, Microsoft, Napp, Porsche, Volkswagen, Volvo and Waitrose.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Business Investigation & Discovery
- Coaching and Mentoring for Business Leaders
- Engaging the Diverse Workforce
- Leadership and Change Management
- Strategic Resourcing and Talent Management
- Strategy, Sustainability & the Global Economy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management Strategic Management View 180 other Masters in Strategic Management in United Kingdom
- Either a first or second-class Honours Degree or equivalent.
- The IELTS score for international applicants is 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component). Other English Language qualifications will be considered.
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7080 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK / EU, EEA: 590 GBP per 15 credits
- INTERNATIONAL: 1,142 GBP per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.