Taught units provide intensive training in research methodology, experimental design, statistical analyses and data interpretation. Skills training in verbal and written communication is also emphasised.
The core of the Health Sciences Research programme at the University of Bristol is an eight-month research project, conducted within one of the University of Bristol's internationally recognised research groups in either the Faculty of Health Sciences or the Faculty of Life Sciences. Opportunities will be available in laboratory or clinical-based investigations.
The programme is suitable for medical, dental and veterinary students interested in pursuing a research-intensive intercalation option after three years of study. It is also suitable for graduates in medicine, dentistry, veterinary science and bioscience subjects who wish to develop their research skills.
This programme is suitable for students with a clinical or biosciences background who want to develop their research skills before embarking on a research/clinical career in academia or the pharmaceutical industry. It provides the ideal foundation for further studies leading to a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Further Research Methods in Health Sciences
- Project Proposal in Health Sciences
- Research Club in Health Sciences
- Research Project in Health Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1689 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Graduates in a biological or related science or medical subject will normally be expected to hold an upper second-class honours degree (or international equivalent).
- Applicants intercalating from the professional programmes of medicine, dentistry and veterinary sciences will need to have successfully completed year three before they can be considered for this programme.
- Graduates of these professional programmes are also eligible to apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK/EU part-time (two years): £2,625
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man full-time: £7,790
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.